Send Your Articles
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SUBMITTING ARTICLES FOR BAM MEDIA!
We welcome new contributions from all those we interact with. The following are basic requirements for you to become a contributor for our publication(s):
Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between:
Newspapers: 100 and 300 words. Please stay under 500 words.
Magazines: 250 and 600 words. Please stay under 600 words.
Online: 350 and 800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
Tone: Inclusive, accessible and generally positive. Please familiarize yourself with the specific publication house style on what has been previously published.
Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to BAM Media. We do not welcome posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online or that you plan to distribute to other websites (exept on your personal blog).
Return on service: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we're more than happy to include a bi-line and your brief bio containing links to you (Your website, blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts). Please keep your bio to just 100 words or less. BAM Media is a great resource to promote your work which can eventually translate into a fully fledged career.
Study claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source.
After your submission, please allow us to determine suitability of your content and ultimate placement. We do not guarantee however that all articles submitted shall eventually be published.
By submitting to BAM Media you acknowledge that you accept our terms , and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the BAM Media editorial team.
Why write for BAM Media?
Here are a few reasons why you should share your ideas at the world's greatest resource that brings the world into your hands!
1. You can impact on and change lives.
2. You will reach a global audience.
3. You can achieve your professional dreams.
4. You will set your own schedule.
1. Is your piece inspiring, informative, and/or educational?
2. Has this already been covered in the relevant publication? If so, is this a strengthening or different dimension?
3. Is your topic catchy enough to entice the readers to dive into the content?
4. Are you offering actionable tips/content/material?
Once ready to submit, please email the following
1. Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
2. Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within your document. Please only send images that you own). All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. We prefer photos that are shot outdoors, in natural light, and ideally with as few distractions in the background as possible
3. Your content should either be in the body of the email or as a separate 'word' (not PDF) file.
4. Your brief bio (less than 100 words) with links to your site(s) [web or any social media], as well as your headshot or nice photo to use for presentation of your bio.
5. Please send all of the above to the publication which seems most appropriate for your piece. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE (1) OF THE BELOW EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR YOUR SUBMISSION. If the publication editor deems your piece more appropriate for another publication, it will be forwarded to that publication for you. Otherwise if you get not feedback on your article within 14 days, please resubmit to another publication you feel best suits your submission.
Tips for a great submission
1. Write in your own 'orginal' voice and do keep your submission to the point.
2. Read your content thoroughly and ensure no basic mistakes such as spelling, grammar and duplication of words.
3. Use an expert voice in your area of submission without too much expert jargon - stick to plain English.
4. Include an amazing photo that's relevant to the submitted article.
5. Reference your sources and avoid "ownership" of content that does not belong to you - no plagiarism.
1. The editor can modify your submission to improve readability and/or make it adapt to house-style.
2. By submitting content you approve that it can be used on any of BAM Media sites and affiliations.
3. Your articles can be used for as long as the editor deems fit in the areas mentioned in 2 above.
4. Your submissions do not make you an employee or affiliate of BAM Media in anyway whatsover except when expressely communicated with you by the editor. You shall remain a freelancer for as long as you continue to submit the articles.
Copyright ©2014 BAM MediaBAM Media content is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, cure, diagnosis, or treatment. All content and images found on BAM Media may not be reproduced or distributed, unless permitted in writing by BAM Media.